DNO is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East-North Africa region and the North Sea. Founded in 1971, DNO is Norway’s oldest oil company. With a leading position in terms of reserves and production in the Kurdistan region of
DNO is seeking an experienced Lead Electrical Engineer to be based in Dubai but with frequent visits to the project site in Kurdistan. The Lead Electrical Engineer will be joining an international and dynamic working environment characterized by
experienced, skilled and motivated employees.
The Lead Electrical Engineer shall be accountable of all Electrical engineering in accordance with the approved development plans and the corporate design and HSSE standards.
- Developed electrical engineering & construction documents (conceptual studies, Basic engineering/FEED and detailed engineering)
- Prepared electrical equipment datasheets, technical specification and materials requisitions for substation, distribution system and electrical equipment
- Initiate and manage intelligent electrical engineering systems and procedures.
- Contribute to development of integrated Corporate project plans
- Implementation of multi-disciplinary projects from concept and design phase through to commissioning and handover.
- Provided engineering views/inputs for electrical equipment, selection & design for new, brownfield projects, field facilities plan development & replacement strategies, and participate in evaluation, conceptual, FEED studies/analysis in coordination with concerned parties,
- Pre-commissioning, Start-up, Commissioning & trouble shooting assistance.
- Define and safely deliver cost effective project (electrical) solutions within challenging timescales.
- Direct Electrical Engineering and/or EPC contractor’s activities
- Attend Kick-off meetings, FATS and any other technical liaison as required during engineering and procurement phase.
- Participate in Constructability reviews, model reviews, HAZID, HAZOP, SIL & QRA studies.
- Ensure electrical datasheets for Long Lead Items are issued to enable earliest placement of enquiries
- Ensure Vendor documentation is properly managed, and comments returned in timely manner to CONTRACTOR.
- Ensure integration of electrical design between vendor packages and the process systems
- Define and safely deliver cost effective project (electrical) solutions to internationally recognized standards, some within challenging timescales.
- Prepare, review and approve internal/external (electrical) technical procedures and scope changes.
- Coordination with other DNO project discipline engineering team members and other internal stakeholders.
- Monitor electrical engineering progress and ensure necessary information flow between disciplines to meet project milestones. Contribute and provide electrical engineering professional project status reports.
- Support effective handover and closure of projects and contracts.
- Provide on-site support during construction and commissioning activities.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualified.
- >15 years of experience from large capital expenditure (CAPEX) projects and brownfield modifications, preferably within the oil and gas industry. At least 5 years as a successful Lead Electrical Engineer.
- Have a wide range of technical skills and experience but shall have knowledge of practical process techniques and equipment typically in oil & gas separation, crude stabilization, H2S removal, water treatment, gas dehydration and sweetening, process control and safety design, and process control techniques.
- Familiar with the design, setting up and mobilization of CAPEX projects and their subsequent execution to successful completion.
- Familiar with the use of functional specifications and management of EPC contractors.
- High level of proficiency in engineering software In depth knowledge of power generation, HV, MV and LV distribution systems.
- Knowledge and Understanding of Power Generation, Switch Rooms, Control Rooms, MCC, PLC, SCADA, Integration, Commissioning in both a modularized and final installed environment.
- Hands on experience with construction and commissioning.
- Experience in developing technically acceptable, constructible and operable cost-effective solutions to complex problems.
- Knowledge and Understanding of Modularized process plant design and Installation
- Excellent communication skills, ability to grasp complex issues and convey their resolution to project stakeholders.
- Hands-on, practical approach, contributes personally to solve problems and get things done with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to coordinate and provide interface between the Company’s Engineering, Operations and Construction teams.
- Flexible working style with adaptability. High energy, strong work ethic. Selfstarter with “fire in the belly”
- Ability to cope with pressure, complexity and ambiguity while bringing order and clarity
- Good delegator and prepared to self-deliver when needed.
The role reports to Engineering Manager and will be based in Dubai, UAE. The work schedule will be 5 days per week Mondays to Fridays with a 2 year fixed term renewable contract (in accordance with UAE Labor Law). Interested candidates kindly apply with a PDF version of your CV.
Fixed Term Contract
Expected Start Date: