Delivers HSE program oversight and execution in all field-based crews and activities including plants, rigs, construction and other field based activities. Supports and coaches field leaders and crews towards compliance with legislation, DNO and internationally accepted practices driving HSE into the line. Ensures development of in year and annual HSE Plans for field agreed with production operations management and takes personal and joint responsibility for delivering the plan including the development of remedial interventions to bring the field back on track if deviations from planned performance are observed. Provides support and guidance to Field Managers on HSE towards delivery of agreed performance and Standards. Key focus areas is the development and coaching of National HSE staff.
Risk Based Planning
- Assist Field Management and Erbil Management in the development of risk based HSE plans for field with accompanying budgets.
- Contributes to the definition of annual HSE KPIs and provide to the HSE Manager ongoing evidence of compliance.
- Guides development and implementation of interventions where performance deviates from plans applying the ALARP principal.
- Takes joint accountability with Production Operation Managers and field management team for the successful on site implementation and promotion of DNO HSE policies and procedures.
- Works with Site leadership and Erbil to roll out and implement DNO programs and Standards in field.
Building organizational capability
- A mentor and teacher for the field HSE Team, with focus on a coaching style.
- Support site management in the evaluation of HSE competencies for safety critical roles.
Risk Champion and Advisor
- A key advisor and mentor to the site management team on HSE issues, the subject matter expert on site.
- Provides HSE input at site planning meetings and ensures that existing and emerging HSE risks and issues are brought to the attention of site management and Erbil management if required.
- A vocal advocate and active supporter of management of change (people, process and plant)
- Develops and is the custodian of the BSQ and ZRT Field HSSE risk register and remedial action plan.
Safe Systems of Work
- Support the development and implementation of site Safe Systems of Work (including PTW system) and provide training as required.
- The subject matter expert in SSoW in the BSQ and ZRT Field.
- Ensures application of DNO and internationally accepted practices and an audit process to deliver prompt corrections of deficiencies.
Delivering a learning culture
- Develop and maintain the site HSE induction program incorporating learnings from site and other locations as well as new procedures and Standards.
- Support the development and implementation of annual learning plans for National HSE positions.
- Develops and is custodian of the site HSE training matrix and the WorkDay Training Portal working jointly with field management team and Training and Competency Manager to ensure compliance with training and competence goals.
- Develops, encourages and implements a SAFE (safety observation) reporting and close out register ensuring field staff are engaged and support the program.
Accurate and honest reporting
- Ensures accurate an on time reporting of all incidents to Field Superintendent and to Erbil through agreed mechanisms and tools.
- A champion for the use of the DNO reporting system, Beacon on site and monitoring of quality close out of actions on time.
- Delivers the weekly report to the HSE Manager Erbil regarding site HSE activity highlights
- Ensures investigation of incidents according to DNO Standards and supports investigations on site.
Assurance and Self-Verification
- Works with field management team and HSE in Erbil to develop and deliver a documented field based audit and review program (using external resources where agreed) in addition to informal site HSE inspections and walk arounds.
- Executes frequent Self-Verification site audits
- Actively participates in the Safe Card program
- Supports (with field management) the DNO Level 1 emergency management plan.
- Actively participates in Level 1 and 2 IMT
- Actively participates as an on-site emergency responder
- Support local Contract Representatives to monitor and intervene with contractors where performance deviates from plan and Standards do not meet those agreed.
- Develops positive relations with contracting companies whilst retaining the ability for rapid and stern intervention when required.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate with a technically relevant degree or industry equivalent such as Nebosh Diploma.
- 10 - 15 years in oil and gas and/or petrochemical industry.
- Preferred 5 years in similar role with demonstrated performance delivery and experience coaching and developing national staff.
Job Specific Conditions:
- Field based. Remote location
- Excellent health required to meet demanding activities and the extremes of temperature experienced in the region. This is a remote location with limited medical facilities.
Key Technical competencies required
Field level emergency management training, set up, planning and drills.
Safe Systems of Work (SSoW)
Tanker Loading and Hydrocarbon Road Transportation Safety
Training and competency assessment/development
Drilling and workover operations
Behavioral based safety programs
Operating HSE case development
Investigation and root cause analysis
Audit and review
Quantitative risk assessment and registers (defining ALARP)
Supply Chain Management
Process facility operations
Seismic acquisition operations
HSE performance analysis
Major accident hazard management
Lifting and Rigging
Lockout / Tagout
Key Core competencies required
Influence management and conflict resolution
Communication, engagement and alignment
Constructive intervention for improvement
Delivering a positive learning culture
Coaching and mentoring
Able to analyse multiple inputs and deliver simple solutions.
Ability to priorities workloads with conflicting priorities
The role of Senior HSE Advisor reports to Fields HSE Manager and will be a site based rotational type role with 28/28 days on a 12 month fixed term renewable contract.
Fixed Term Contract
Expected Start Date: