DNO is now looking for a Legal Counsel to join our team in Stavanger, Norway. The position is new and will be part of DNO’s legal team with colleagues working out of Stavanger and Oslo.
You will mainly work with DNO’s North Sea business unit, covering operations and business activities in Norway and the UK as well as supporting DNO’s ambitious growth agenda. As our new lawyer, you will join the General Counsel North Sea in providing high quality and business-oriented legal advice to the organisation. DNO wants you to become a key contributor and discussion partner in strategic discussions and projects in close collaboration with our team of industry experts.
Your areas of responsibility
Our new lawyer will be trusted with a broad and dynamic portfolio and can expect to work closely with DNO management and experts on tasks and responsibilities such as:
- Legal support to strategic and operational supply chain activities, including negotiation and drafting support on rig agreements and contracts covering material offshore construction and decommissioning activities
- Advising internal stakeholders and liaising with key external stakeholders on a broad range of petroleum law matters and commercial agreements
- Being part of our team of experts conducting complex negotiations of upstream agreements on subjects such as tie-in and processing, unitization, and other types of coordination of field development activities, including cross-border co-operation
- Manage and coordinate external legal advisors on a broad range of matters including dispute resolution
- Advising on and contributing to business development activities (M&A)
- Work with DNO’s compliance and internal audit teams to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and company policies
Your experience and skills
- Master’s level legal degree
- Robust knowledge of the Norwegian petroleum regulatory framework is required, knowledge of the UK petroleum regulatory framework is an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ legal experience from reputable Norwegian law firms and/or companies
- Experience with legal work related to NCS upstream activities, M&A and/or supply chain agreements is preferable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability, and desire to interact efficiently with management and colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- Fluency in Norwegian and English is required
- Unquestionable integrity
We can offer a work environment where we have open discussions, support each other, and make high quality decisions with engagement, humour and giving everyone the opportunity to be at their best.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply as soon as possible within the due date.
If you have any questions, please contact Anders Enerhaug Lunde, General Counsel North Sea, email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: +47 93 61 50 12